Author's Handbook: Please review and keep this valuable guide handy as you move through the Abstract/Paper/Presentation process
Stage One: The Abstract for the Paper
As a prospective author, your chances of having an abstract accepted are significantly greater if you send your abstract to the appropriate subcommittee, so please read the descriptions carefully and use the flowchart provided on the submission website to aid in making your selection. It is also vital that you submit your abstract on time.
Information you will provide includes:
- Abstract Text (300 word limit)
- Up to five Key Words
- Abstract Title (10 words or fewer)
- Biography for Primary (and Secondary) Authors (200 word limit)
- Contact information for Primary (and Secondary) Authors
Stage Two: The Paper
If your abstract was approved, review or download the following files to help with your Paper Submission. Your Paper will be submitted via the same portal as your Abstract, using the same login and password. The Clearance Release Form will be submitted with your paper through the online portal, start early!
- Author's Handbook
- I/ITSEC Paper Template – link coming soon
- Author's Guide to Paper Submission
- PDF Conversion Guide
- Clearance Form, due 17 July – link coming soon. Once logged into the Paper Submission site you will see a red box labeled Clearance Form. This will enable you to download the form via PDF and then submit through the submission site after completion, or you may submit online via text boxes.
- I/ITSEC is an unclassified event and if accepted submissions/presentations are required to be released as Distribution Statement A.
Stage Three: Paper Presentation Upload
If your Paper was approved, review or download the following files to help with your Presentation. Your Presentation will be submitted via the same portal as your Abstract/Paper, using the same login and password.
- Paper Presentation Template – link coming soon
- Special Considerations/AV Support Form – link coming soon
- Practice Room Sign-up (open thru 24 November*) – link coming soon
Stage Four: Promote Your Session at I/ITSEC
You are putting in a lot of hard work to prepare for your session, and we encourage you to help spread the word about your session and the great work you are doing. Social media is a helpful tool for promoting your presentation. Learn how to do so — simply — before, during, and after I/ITSEC.
|How to Promote Your Session
For any concerns, please contact your bird-dog (assigned if your submission was approved). If you are unable to locate your bird-dog or have questions about your Paper, contact Fred Fleury, Program Chair, at email@example.com.
If you are unable to reach anyone listed above, please contact Debbie Langelier, VP, NTSA, at dlangelier@NTSA.org.