Meeting Safety & Responsibility Policy
NTSA is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and NTSA staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, NTSA staff, service providers, and others are expected to abide by this Meeting Safety & Responsibility Policy. This Policy applies to all NTSA meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than NTSA but held in conjunction with NTSA events, in public or private facilities.
Personal Safety and Security
NTSA works diligently to provide a safe and secure environment at its meetings and events by working with venue staff to make sure meeting participants are safe. We ask that all attendees report any questionable or concerning activity to NTSA staff so that they can take immediate action. No concern is too small, if you see something, say something. Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Use the buddy system when walking to and from the event venue, networking event locations during early or late hours.
- Don’t wear your meeting badge on the street. Take it off as soon as you leave the building/venue.
- Don’t carry a lot of cash or credit cards. Leave in your hotel room safe.
- Don’t leave personal property unattended anywhere, anytime.
- If it is an emergency or if you need immediate assistance, you should ask any NTSA staff member or the on-site security personnel to help you.
At networking events, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are served. NTSA expects participants at our events to drink responsibly. NTSA and Meeting host event staff have the right to deny service to participants for any reason, and may require a participant to leave the event.
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Physical or verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, NTSA staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Examples of unacceptable behavior include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, NTSA staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations at sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by NTSA at the meeting venue, hotels, or other contracted facilities.
NTSA has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you experience any type of harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, NTSA asks that you inform Debbie Langelier, Vice President, NTSA, firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can take the appropriate action. NTSA reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and NTSA reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting.