Authors Handbook: Please review and keep this valuable guide handy as you work through the Tutorial Proposal and Presentation process.
Stage One: The Tutorial Proposal
As a prospective tutorial presenter, you will submit an abstract, topical outline, and a set of learning objectives. Note: tutorial authors do not submit papers.
I/ITSEC 2021 Call for Presentations is now closed, look for the next step in our process to be announced late March for approved abstracts/tutorials.
Stage Two: The Draft Tutorial Presentation
If your tutorial proposal is selected for expansion into a presentation, you will be assigned a bird-dog, who will be your liaison to the Tutorial Board and be a champion for your presentation at the July Review. You will submit a draft set of presentation slides for review. Your draft tutorial will be submitted via the same portal as your Abstract as above, using the same login and password. The Clearance Release Form will be submitted with your presentation through the online portal, start early!
- Authors Handbook
- Tutorial Presenters Guide
- Tutorial Presentation Template – Coming Soon
- AV Requirements Form – Coming Soon
- Clearance Form (SAMPLE) – Actual Clearance forms must be submitted via the Submission site by Main Authors. Once logged into the submission site you will see a red box labeled Clearance Form. This will enable you to download the form via PDF and then submit through the submission site after completion, or you may submit online in text boxes.
Why start so early on the Clearance Form? Here's a message from one submitter: "...we are not permitted to submit the paper without public release being completed. They claim (and I see their perspective) that it is available to 150 people once submitted and that collection is still “public”. We started four weeks prior to the original submission date to get corporate and government customer approvals and those are just starting to trickle in."
Stage Three: The Final Tutorial Presentation
If your presentation is selected for I/ITSEC, you will receive bird-dog feedback and then you will submit a final tutorial for presentation, your final tutorial will be submitted via the same portal as your abstract/draft tutorial, using the same login and password.
For any concerns, please contact your bird-dog (assigned if your submission was approved). If you are unable to locate your bird-dog, contact:
- Eliot Winer, Program Chair, at email@example.com for questions about your Paper.
- Dave Milewski and Lisa Holt, Tutorial Co-Chairs, at Dave.Milewski@caemsi.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about your Tutorial.
If you are unable to reach anyone listed above, please contact Debbie Langelier, VP, NTSA, at dlangelier@NDIA.org.