Author's Handbook: Please review and keep this valuable guide handy as you work through the Tutorial Proposal and Presentation process.
Stage One: The Tutorial Proposal
As a prospective tutorial presenter, you will submit an abstract, topical outline, and a set of learning objectives. Note: tutorial authors do not submit papers.
Stage Two: The Draft Tutorial Presentation
If your tutorial proposal is selected for expansion into a presentation, you will be assigned a bird-dog, who will be your liaison to the Tutorial Board and be a champion for your presentation at the July Review. You will submit a draft set of presentation slides for review. Your draft tutorial will be submitted via the same portal as your Abstract as above, using the same login and password. The Clearance Release Form will be submitted with your presentation through the online portal, start early!
- Author's Handbook
- Tutorial Presenters Guide
- Tutorial Presentation Template – link coming soon
- Clearance Form, due 17 July – link coming soon. Once logged into the submission site you will see a red box labeled Clearance Form. This will enable you to download the form via PDF and then submit through the submission site after completion, or you may submit online in text boxes.
- I/ITSEC is an unclassified event and if accepted, Government submissions should be released as DISTRIBUTION STATEMENT A: Approved for public release, distribution unlimited. Industry submissions should review their organizations release/security protocols and must submit presentations as releasable to public.
Why start so early on the Clearance Form? Here's a message from one submitter: "...we are not permitted to submit the paper without public release being completed. They claim (and I see their perspective) that it is available to 150 people once submitted and that collection is still “public”. We started four weeks prior to the original submission date to get corporate and government customer approvals and those are just starting to trickle in."
Stage Three: The Final Tutorial Presentation
If your presentation is selected for I/ITSEC, you will receive bird-dog feedback and then you will submit a final tutorial for presentation, your final tutorial will be submitted via the same portal as your abstract/draft tutorial, using the same login and password. I/ITSEC is an unclassified event and if accepted, Government submissions should be released as DISTRIBUTION STATEMENT A: Approved for public release, distribution unlimited. Industry submissions should review their organizations release/security protocols and must submit presentations as releasable to public.
- Special Considerations/AV Support Form – link coming soon
Stage Four: Promote Your Session at I/ITSEC
You are putting in a lot of hard work to prepare for your session, and we encourage you to help spread the word about your session and the great work you are doing. Social media is a helpful tool for promoting your presentation. Learn how to do so — simply — before, during, and after I/ITSEC.
|How to Promote Your Session
For any concerns, please contact your bird-dog (assigned if your submission was approved). If you are unable to locate your bird-dog or have questions about your Tutorial, contact Michael O'Connor, Tutorial Chair, at email@example.com.
If you are unable to reach anyone listed above, please contact Debbie Langelier, VP, NTSA, at dlangelier@NTSA.org.