What are Professional Development Workshops?
The I/ITSEC Professional Development Workshops are free professional development seminars held on the last day of I/ITSEC. Although similar to the 90-minute long tutorials held the Monday, these longer 4 and 8 hour sessions cover various scholarly, governmental, and professional topics in an in-depth and interactive manner. Subject-matter experts lead each workshop, although participants are generally encouraged to contribute to the discussions. In addition to personal growth opportunities, the Workshops provide a convenient way to earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs). CEUs are formal credits that individuals can earn by participating in continuing education activities. For more information on Continuing Education Units, visit the I/ITSEC CEU page.
Professional Workshop Topics
Timely workshop topics are chosen annually based on new industry trends or needs, emerging technologies, or areas of interest identified by conference attendees. Although program titles vary from year to year, the Professional Development Workshops emphasize relevant, innovative and current topics for I/ITSEC participants.
The 2018 I/ITSEC Professional Development Workshops will consist of the following topics:
- Serious Game Design (Full Day Session)
- Cyberspace Training: Is this even legal? (Morning Session)
- Team and Collective Training Needs Analysis (TCTNA) (Morning Session)
- Live-Virtual-Constructive (LVC) Interoperability Techniques (Morning Session)
- Harnessing the Power of Data Analytics to Optimize Training (Morning Session)
- Export Controls on Defense Technology and NIST 800-171 Compliance (Morning Session)
- Using ROI-Focused Design Thinking to Deliver Impact Results (Morning Session)
Why attend Professional Development Workshops (PDWs) at I/ITSEC?
- CEUs: PDWs are a convenient opportunity to earn CEUs from the University of Central Florida. CEU credit reinforces your commitment to remain current in the evolving technologies relating to simulation and training, and some careers require you to demonstrate your up-to-date industry knowledge by earning annual CEUs.
- STAY CURRENT: PDWs offer an opportunity to acquire new knowledge and skills from experts in the field.
- GROW PROFESSIONALLY: PDWs help you enhance your knowledge and skills.
- NETWORK: PDWs are a great way to get involved in interactive discussions with your professional colleagues.
Who may participate in Professional Development Workshops at I/ITSEC?
The Friday Professional Development Workshops are open to all I/ITSEC attendees with a conference badge. Please arrive early to ensure a seat in your desired session as the workshops are first-come, first-served.
How do I participate in the Professional Development Workshop
- REGISTER for I/ITSEC – the Professional Development Workshops are included!
- REVIEW information on the Workshops offered including instructor bios and topical outlines at the following link: Professional Development Workshops (LINK - coming soon)
- ATTEND the PDWs held on the Friday of the I/ITSEC conference at the Orange County Convention Center. Continental Breakfast and registration will start at 7 AM and the seminars start at 8:00 am. Sessions run from 8:00-12:00 with full-day sessions running until 4:00pm. You must have your I/ITSEC badge to attend.
- CEU CERTIFICATES are available for all workshops. For more information on Continuing Education Units, visit the I/ITSEC CEU page.
For more information, contact: