What are Professional Development Workshops?
The I/ITSEC Professional Development Workshops are free professional development seminars held on the last day (Friday) of I/ITSEC. Although similar to the 90-minute long tutorials held on Monday, these longer four and eight hour sessions cover various scholarly, governmental, and professional topics in an in-depth and interactive manner. Subject-matter experts lead each workshop, although participants are generally encouraged to contribute to the discussions. In addition to personal growth opportunities, the Workshops provide a convenient way to earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs). CEUs are formal credits that individuals can earn by participating in continuing education activities. For more information on Continuing Education Units, visit the I/ITSEC Continuing Education page.
Professional Workshop Topics
Timely workshop topics are chosen annually based on new industry trends or needs, emerging technologies or areas of interest identified by conference attendees. Although program titles vary from year to year, the Professional Development Workshops emphasize relevant, innovative, and current topics for I/ITSEC participants.
The I/ITSEC 2020 Professional Development Workshop topics will be announced soon.
For additional description and facilitator’s information, click on the Papers/Tutorials/Friday Workshops PDF document on the Agenda Details page
Why attend Professional Development Workshops (PDWs) at I/ITSEC?
- CEUs: PDWs are a convenient opportunity to earn CEUs from the University of Central Florida. CEU credit reinforces your commitment to remain current in the evolving technologies relating to simulation and training, and some careers require you to demonstrate your up-to-date industry knowledge by earning annual CEUs.
- STAY CURRENT: PDWs offer an opportunity to acquire new knowledge and skills from experts in the field.
- GROW PROFESSIONALLY: PDWs help you enhance your knowledge and skills.
- NETWORK: PDWs are a great way to get involved in interactive discussions with your professional colleagues.
Who may participate in Professional Development Workshops at I/ITSEC?
The Friday Professional Development Workshops are open to all I/ITSEC attendees with a conference badge. Please arrive early to ensure a seat in your desired session as the workshops are first-come, first-served.
How do I participate in the Professional Development Workshops?
1. Register for I/ITSEC – the Professional Development Workshops are included!
2. Review information on the Workshops offered including instructor bios and topical outlines in the Papers/Tutorials/Friday Workshops PDF document on the Agenda Details page
3. Attend the Workshops held on Friday of the conference at the Orange County Convention Center. Continental Breakfast and registration will start at 7:00 am and the seminars start at 8:00 am. Sessions run from 8:00 am - 12:00 pm, with full-day sessions running until 4:00 pm. You must have your I/ITSEC badge to attend.
CEU certificates are available for all workshops. For more information on CEUs, visit the I/ITSEC Continuing Education page.
For more information, contact: