As we continue taking important steps to provide for the health and safety of our attendees, we ask that you review our COVID-19 information and policies below. By registering for I/ITSEC, you agree to adhere to the below policies to sustain a healthy and safe environment for our attendees. It’s important that we all respond responsibly and transparently to these health precautions. Any and all private health and personal data will be treated with confidentiality and sensitivity.
Information below is based on current CDC guidelines, if those guidelines should change we will update attendance information via this page and through email communication to all registered attendees.
COVID-19 Safety Information
Because COVID-19 is extremely contagious and spread mainly from person-to-person contact, the National Training & Simulation Association (NTSA) has adopted preventative measures to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus at its conferences and events in accordance with guidance published by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for events and gatherings, in coordination with event host properties. NTSA will also comply with all applicable requirements imposed by the Florida Department of Health in Orange County. However, NTSA cannot guarantee that I/ITSEC conference attendees will not become infected with COVID-19.
Individuals who fall within either of the categories listed below should not attend I/ITSEC:
- Individuals who are experiencing, or within the 14 days prior to the conference have experienced, symptoms associated with COVID-19; or
- Individuals who believe that they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for their treatment.
I/ITSEC attendees should self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and are asked to contact NTSA at NTSA_events@ndia.org if experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days after participating at I/ITSEC.
Given the extraordinary nature of the current COVID-19 pandemic, in order to provide for the health and safety of all conference attendees and staff, and consistent with guidance provided by the CDC, NTSA will require the following Attendance Policy be adhered to when attending I/ITSEC.
All attendees must submit vaccination status via the registration portal.
- This is an attestation only, you will not need to upload your card.
If an attendee chooses not to respond or is not fully vaccinated, the attendee must comply with the following protocols in order to attend I/ITSEC 2021.
- Provide proof of negative COVID-19 test within three (3) days of arrival at I/ITSEC 2021
- Wear a mask regardless of level of community transmission
- Physically distance
- Decline to participate if showing symptoms of COVID-19 after arrival at event
The CDC considers an individual fully vaccinated if they are:
- Two (2) weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- Two (2) weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
If you don’t meet these requirements, regardless of your age, you are not fully vaccinated.
Consistent to CDC guidelines, masks should be worn in areas deemed to be substantial or high transmission, regardless of vaccination status.
- According to the current CDC guidelines, masks will be required during I/ITSEC 2021.
- Masks must be worn at all times, except when actively eating or drinking.
- Masks with vents, holes, or filters, as well as gaiter neck masks, are not permitted. There will be disposable masks available at registration and the NTSA show office.
- Information is based on current CDC guidelines, if those guidelines should change we will update attendance information via this page and through email communication to all registered attendees.
Release and Assumption of Risk
Attendees at I/ITSEC will be required to confirm agreement with the following Release and Assumption of Risk:
I hereby release, waive and forever discharge any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature against the national training & simulation association and its affiliated partners and sponsors, including in each case, without limitation, their directors, officers, employees, and agents (“released parties”), either in law or in equity, to the fullest extent permissible by law, including but not limited to damages or losses caused by the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the released parties, including but not limited to death, bodily injury, illness, economic loss or out of pocket expenses, or loss or damage to property, which i, my heirs, assignees, next of kin and/or legally appointed or designated representatives, may have or which may hereinafter accrue on my behalf, which arise or may hereafter arise from my participation in the conference or event.
I acknowledge and understand the following:
- Participation at I/ITSEC includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases, including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist.
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the Released Parties.
- I hereby knowingly assume the risk of injury, harm, and loss associated with I/ITSEC, including any injury, harm, or loss caused by the negligence, fault, or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties.