2013 Scholarship Awardees
Industrial Organizational Psychology
University of Central Florida
Master of Science Student
Human Factors and Ergonomics
North Carolina State University
Details for the 2014 RADM Fred Lewis Postgraduate I/ITSEC Scholarship
Applications will be accepted through mid June 2013. Funds will be available to the student for the Fall 2013 Quarter/Semester.
NATURE OF SCHOLARSHIP
The Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC) is pleased to announce the Twenty-Third Annual I/ITSEC Graduate Student Scholarships. Renamed the RADM Fred Lewis I/ITSEC Postgraduate Scholarships, or I/ITSEC Scholarships, awards are being offered at a Masters level in the amount $5,000, and at a Doctoral level in the amount of $10,000. The scholarships are being offered to stimulate student interest and university participation in preparing individuals for leadership in the Modeling & Simulation, Training and Education communities. In the event that suitable candidates for one level are not identified, funds may be combined to provide two awards at the same level of study. The scholarship recipient (s) will attend I/ITSEC '14 (December 1-4, 2014) at the expense of the I/ITSEC organization, where he or she will be recognized, view the latest in simulation, training and education technologies and meet leading figures from Government, Industry and Academia associated with this community.
The applicant must be a U.S. citizen and successfully complete undergraduate studies by the end of Spring Term 2014. The applicant also must be enrolled or accepted for a full-time masters or doctoral program in any of the following disciplines:
- Engineering (Modeling, Simulation and/or Training Related)
- Operations Research/Systems Analysis/Mathematics
- Distance Learning Methodologies
- Human Factors (Psychology or Engineering)
- Instructional Design and Training Methodology
- Computer Science and/or Information Sciences
- The applicant must have a stated interest and career goal in the Modeling & Simulation, Training and/or Education Industry
- The award will be based on student merit as determined from the submitted application documents (see below).
CONDITION OF AWARD
- The scholarship must be used for education expenses (tuition, books, fees, room and board) and is subject to the established procedures/policies of the applicant’s institution.
- If the successful applicant terminates his/her graduate studies and there are remaining funds, the institution will retain such funds for award to another student of their choice following the above eligibility guidelines.
- The successful applicant will prepare an abstract and, if approved, a paper to be presented at I/ITSEC in the respective area of study one year after completion of the degree program or within three years of scholarship receipt, whichever occurs first.
SELECTION PANEL/SCHOLARSHIP ADMINISTRATION
A panel consisting of individuals from the academia and past and I/ITSEC chairs will determine the selection. Administration of the scholarship program will reside with the National Training Systems Association (NTSA), an affiliate of the National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA).
HOW TO APPLY
Submit the following to the I/ITSEC Scholarship (Lewis Scholarship) Program, postmarked no later than June 23, 2014.
- Statement of how the scholarship will aid student in career pursuit (not more than 500 words). The synopsis must include a description on how the scholarship fits into the applicant's planned career in the Modeling, Simulation, Training or Education field.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship (copy of Birth Certificate, Social Security, or Passport).
- Personal resume to include positions, outstanding awards, publications (if any) and leadership capabilities. Ensure that your contact information (i.e. mailing address, phone and e-mail) is included.
- Undergraduate transcript.
- Graduate transcript (if applicable). Transcripts must be official.
- Recommendations from major advisor and one professor from the aforementioned disciplines.
- Postmarked June 23, 2014
- Award Announcement August 4, 2014
- Funds Available Fall Term 2014
Direct Further Inquiries and Provide Submissions To:
National Training and Simulation Association (NTSA)
I/ITSEC Scholarship/Lewis Scholarship Program
2111 Wilson Boulevard Suite 400
Arlington, VA 22201-3061
Phone: (703) 247-2569