What are Friday Workshops?
The post-I/ITSEC Professional Development Workshops (also known as “Friday Workshops”) are free professional development seminars held on the day after I/ITSEC. Although similar to the 90-minute long tutorials held the Monday before I/ITSEC, these longer 4 and 8 hour sessions cover various scholarly, governmental, and professional topics in an in-depth and interactive manner. Subject-matter experts lead each workshop, although participants are generally encouraged to contribute to the discussions. In addition to personal growth opportunities, the Friday Workshops provide a convenient way to earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs). CEUs are formal credits that individuals can earn by participating in continuing education activities, and all Friday Workshops participants are eligible for CEUs simply attending one or more Friday Workshop sessions. For more information on Continuing Education Units, visit the I/ITSEC CEU page.
Friday Workshop Topics
Timely workshop topics are chosen annually based on new industry trends or needs, emerging technologies, or areas of interest identified by conference attendees. Although program titles vary from year to year, I/ITSEC is proud to offer LVC and Acquisition training every year, as well as a preparatory course for those interested in pursuing the CMSP certifications. Friday Workshops emphasize relevant, innovative and current M/S topics.
The 2014 I/ITSEC Post Conference Workshops will consist of the following topics:
• Certified Modeling & Simulation Professional (CMSP) Exam Preparation.
• Live-Virtual-Constructive (LVC) Interoperability Techniques.
• Modeling & Simulation for Acquisition.
• Back to the Future: Workshop on Applying the UJTL: Linking Missions, METLS, DRRS, and Lessons Learned to CapabilitiesSeamless Mobile Learning and Simulations.
• Applied Earned Value Management
• Seamless Mobile Learning and Simulations
• Serious Game Design Tutorial.
For additional description and facilitator’s information, click on the following PDF document: Friday Workshops.
Why attend Friday Workshops at I/ITSEC?
CEUs: Friday Workshops are a convenient opportunity to earn accredited CEUs from the University of Central Florida. CEU credit reinforces your commitment to remain current in the evolving technologies relating to simulation and training, and some careers require you to demonstrate your up-to-date industry knowledge by earning annual CEUs.
STAY CURRENT: Friday Workshops offer an opportunity to acquire new knowledge and skills from experts in the field.
GROW PROFESSIONALLY: Friday Workshops help you enhance your knowledge and skills.
NETWORK: Friday Workshops are a great way to get involved in interactive discussions with your professional colleagues.
Who may participate in Friday Workshops at I/ITSEC?
All I/ITSEC attendees may participate in the Friday Workshops at no cost. However, only paid full-conference registrants may earn CEUs from the workshops. Also, for planning purposes, all attendees must register ahead of time to participate in the workshops.
How do I participate in the Friday Workshops?
1. REGISTER for I/ITSEC as a conference registrant. You will find the registration for the Friday Workshops on Step #5 (Post-I/ITSEC Professional Development Workshops). Please select the Friday Workshops you’d like to attend.
2. REVIEW information on the Post-Conference (Friday) Workshops offered including instructor bios and topical outlines of the workshop is available at either of the following links:
STEM section of I/ITSEC Program
3. ATTEND professional development Workshops held on the Friday following the I/ITSEC conference at the Orlando County Convention Center. Continental Breakfast and registration will start at 7 AM and the seminars start at 8:00. Sessions run from 8:00-12:00 or 1:00-4:00, so check the schedule before making your travel plans. You will be asked to sign-in for attendance purposes to verify CEUs are granted to the right individuals.
4. CEU CERTIFICATES will be issued based on attendance. If CEU transcripts are needed, participants can request these directly by contacting our offices (see below). Ten contact hours equate to one CEU credit.
For more information, contact:
CEU/Friday Workshops Coordinator
UCF Continuing Education
3280 Progress Drive, Suite 700
Orlando, FL 32826